Edición 6 (Noviembre 2022)
Permanent URI for this collection
Edición 6 (Noviembre 2022)
1 - 5 of 7
- ItemRealineación de chakras en el tratamiento del estrés. Riobamba / 2022(ISTMAS, 2022-11-08)Within Natural Medicine we find several techniques and modalities that allow us to treat dissimilar diseases, within these modalities we can cite Quantum Medicine and as part of this the use of the pendulum to measure the energetic state of the chakras and subsequently the realignment of these. In this investigation, a quasi-experimental study was carried out; the universe were the adult patients who attended the therapeutic center of the Instituto Superior Tecnológico “Dr. Misael Acosta S. with a diagnosis of stress, from which 10 patients were randomly selected for the sample. The main objective was to evaluate the efficacy of chakra alignment to treat stress in adults. We found that the majority of patients complained of sadness and sleep disturbances, as well as other symptoms, but in smaller numbers. The result of the treatment was good for 65.71% of the cases.
- ItemAuriculoterapia en pacientes con sobrepeso entre 25 y 40 años de edad en la ciudad de Tulcán / 2022(ISTMAS, 2022-11-08)Overweight, is a premorbid state of obesity and like it is characterized by an increase in body weight and is accompanied by an accumulation of fat in the body, this is caused by an imbalance between the amount of calories that are consumed in the diet and the amount of energy (in the form of calories) that is spent during physical activities. It has been suggested that the percentage of fat accumulated in the body is an indicator of risk. of cardiovascular diseases so more and more frequently the waist/hip index (BCI) and waist contour are used. In the past, overweight was determined by the Broca index. First it was calculated. the ideal weight of a person according to their height. From the difference between the actual weight and the ideal weight was diagnosed as overweight or underweight Overweight has also been considered as a weight of 10 to 20% greater than the height in centimeters. Considering as an ideal weight, a weight less than 10% in men and 15% in women in relation to height However, a person's body weight depends on their fat mass, bone mass, weight in muscle and weight in water, so the most recommended is to go to a doctor specialized in nutrition who indicates your state of health regarding weight. Being overweight is not a disease, but it is a condition which predisposes the development of diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension), elevation of blood fats (dyslipidemias), heart attacks, embolisms, some types of cancer and favors premature death. Currently, according to nutritionists, the most talking method to assess the risks What causes overweight in health is to measure the contour of the waist. Some Studies have associated that the fat accumulated in the abdominal área is directly related to cardiovascular diseases. It is very important to recommend the patient to keep the waist circumference less than 80cm in women and less than 94cm in men levels above these parameters are associated with an increased risk of developing diseases indicated above. Most cases of overweight are found in industrialized countries, where the diet it is abundant and most of the population performs jobs that do not require great physical effort.
- ItemAprovechar los beneficios de la leche de soya para atenuar los síntomas del síndrome climatérico. Cuenca / 2022(ISTMAS, 2022-11-08)The present academic research document has two points as its final purpose, the first one consists of promptly inquiring deeply about the climacteric syndrome, passing a review of its symptoms, causes, diagnosis, etc., the second point being to carry out the elaboration of a totally natural drink without the presence of synthetic ingredients, specifically we talk about the natural soy milk drink, from its elaboration, to the adequate form of its consumption in order to alleviate the symptoms caused by climacteric syndrome, using methods through alternative medicine by taking advantage of the benefits of soy milk as an adjuvant, in this research we worked with a sample of 10 women, patients from the Corazón de Jesús neighborhood, belonging to the San Sebastián parish, in the city of Cuenca , between 40 and 50 years old, who presented climacteric symptoms. Having as a result that the symptoms of the 10 women treated with soy milk were attenuated by 80%, for which it was necessary to design the appropriate planning for its administration, taking control and weekly follow-up to verify its evolution. However, it is important to mention that in this work it will present relevant data, with the purpose of serving as a basis for new related research. Finally, it is concluded that the elaboration of soy milk was highly positive, because through the ingestion of the drink, in this transition stage for women, it gave a beneficial turn in the face of climacteric syndrome.
- ItemReflexología para colon irritable en personas de 30 a 70 años de la ciudad de Loja / 2022(ISTMAS, 2022-11-08)The present research work carried out in the office of Dr. Álvarez of the City of Loja; It was based on the application of foot reflexology as a complementary technique to treatment in people suffering from irritable bowel, in order to relieve the pain generated in this sector and reduce recovery time, which allows us to determine its effectiveness. It was concluded that in most people psychological and social factors contribute to their symptoms and that stress is part of their pathophysiological mechanisms. Treatment with foot reflexology in reflex points of the digestive system helped the vast majority to reduce symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, accelerated metabolism, contributed to lower stress levels, activated the immune system, eliminated toxins produced in the body, and balanced bodily functions. It became clear that not all irritable bowel problems can be addressed with foot reflexology, and allopathic treatment should not be abandoned either.
- ItemShiatsu aplicado a pacientes pos covid-19 para recuperación. Riobamba / 2022(ISTMAS, 2022-11-08)Shiatsu is a technique that comes to us from Japan, as an important element for the integral treatment of the individual, it is from the holistic point of view an important tool, not to treat specific symptoms, but to act in the depths of the human being, awakening the mechanisms of self-healing. In this academic essay, based on an extensive bibliographic review, you can find the characteristics and modes of application of this modality of natural medicine to treat the post-covid-19 Syndrome; which, being a relatively new condition, is not yet known exactly why all its manifestations and therefore neither the preventive and specific treatment of it.